Tuesday 19 October 2010

Dear Bangalore....How I Miss Thee..............



I miss the hustle bustle, the tenseness, the crowd and the eateries. Of course, London has hustle bustle and certain tenseness to it and there are plenty of eateries in London. The heart of London beats with such energy round the clock that the streets are alive with activity till late in the evening. But, I miss those long streets of Bangalore that are filled with small shops, street vendors, heavy traffic....I miss the sight of  jam packed buses with people hanging out from them, happy couple on two wheelers cutting lanes and trying to squeeze through the moving cars and autorickshaws, the angry traffic policeman catching the young students on motorbikes trying to penalise them for violating traffic rules/not wearing helmets.....I miss the crowded eateries such as Coffee day, Sukh Sagar, Anand Bhavan etc...I miss the crowded shopping malls such as Forum, Life Style, Shoppers Stop, Bangalore Central, Fabindia.....above all, I miss my family and friends. In simple words, Bangalore, I miss you  so so so very much. I want to come there right now.

It has been nearly 10 months since I visited my family in Bangalore. Due to work commitments, I know I won’t be returning home for 3-4 months yet. However, knowing that it is not too long now before I get to go to Bangalore, I am excited. I am certainly looking forward to seeing everyone again, eating good food and experiencing the hustle bustle and Bangalore buzz. Oh Bangalore, I cant wait to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. a very nice post. makes me wanna go to Bangalore which i have been putting off for one or the other reasons. but this time i hope it happens. :) a very candid portrayal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello P@ul@mi, Thank you. I hope you are able to go to Bangalore this time round. Bangalore is such a beautiful city. Ah! I love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooo i didnt know...u were my from bangalore *high 5* :) bangalore is waiting fr u :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *high 5* in reciprocation. Oh...i miss Bangalore sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...