Wednesday 13 October 2010

It's time for a change



 
I am always on the look out for change when it comes to my job and I quite like the process of job hunting and applying for new jobs. For the life of me, I don’t get how people can stick to same job for 5 years, 7 years, 10 years or even more! For the last three years, I have been working at the same organisation but I have moved two departments within this span of time. But hey, that doesn’t mean I am not a reliable employee…it just means that I like to try new roles, develop myself all the time and mind you, it has not been too bad. To be fair, I start every new job with a great zeal of enthusiasm and interest. It is only after a period of time ( usually after a year) that I feel the need for a change. Yet, as long as I am doing a job, I try and do a good job.

In the ideal world, I would have liked to not work at all…any day freedom, flexibility to do what I want, go where I like is,  by clear miles, satisfactory than the salary figures on the payslip! That is only until the bills knock the door at the end of each month! This is the only reason that I go back to the grind every morning.

The economic recession, recruitment freeze, layoffs that are in news stories these days have forced me to stick to my current job.

Perhaps someday I will find myself doing a job for over 10 years, but,  for now I think it’s time for a change!

2 comments:

  1. oh I completely agree with you..its like you spoke my mind.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)...Thank you for reading my post Yasha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...