Monday 18 October 2010

Little things in life




When I was a little girl, I had no complaints about my life for I had no idea of what friendship, ambition, purpose of life meant. Neither did I know what life had in store for me when I turn twenty something year old. Today I am 20 something year old and I have plenty of reasons to complain about….my colleague at work is so disruptive and nosy,  my friend lied to me about something….my life is not as good as so and so’s life… so on and so forth. So where did things change? May be I became wise and began to understand life better. But if that was the case, why do I not see good things anymore all around me just like how I used to when I was a little girl? Why do I see only negative things?

This debate has been going on in the back of my mind for the past few days. This morning as I was getting ready to go to work I paused for a minute and asked myself  ‘’what have I been doing about it?’’.  Just identifying that I have problems in life is no good. Then, the next question that came to my mind was ‘’ what can I do about it?’’ For sure, something needs to be done as I cannot keep going like this and make my life miserable.

So, what can I really do to change my non ideal life situation to an ideal one or at least close to an ideal one? I cannot change my colleague’s behaviour for that is how she has been her entire life..I cannot change what my friend said,  it is a history now…the damage has already been done. The only thing I can do is change my perspective of things and the situations and people, perhaps, I should think like a child and divest myself of all negativity and put away all the bad memories.May be I should try and appreciate people much more and understand their point of view.

My life is my own and I must take complete ownership of it without letting anything that anyone said or what anyone did affect me. I have now come up with a new theme for my life – that is to enjoy the little things in life for they come around so much more often than the big things. These little enjoyments in life will give me patience to wait for things that I want but don’t have yet. They will also enable me to maintain as constant or even make better, the things that make me happy now.

Ok, so now its time to jot down few of the things that make me happy and make my life good now:

-       Spending time with family
-       My morning and evening walks
-       Blogging, Reading other favourite blogs
-       Cooking, Trying new recipes
-       Hanging out with my best friends
-       Studying for GMAT

I will still take my life day by day, but now I am better prepared to face the challenges that each day brings, without any fear. Indeed, happiness lies in tiny details and if we don’t see them they become invisible. LIFE IS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...